We’re looking for professionals working in auditing/consultancy who are ready for a career change! This Internal Controller role is the perfect switch for you to grow your career.
Why? Because we want to offer you the possibility to learn the fundamentals of finance in our company in order to become one of our future Finance leaders. So, what kind of job move could this be?
Next to finance positions in the team like internal or financial control, you can expand your horizon in business controlling in one of the business units or factories, on a Benelux level or to our global team. There are a variety of roles within Finance, so based on your talents we will define your best next step! Moreover, you will be working in a highly international environment with the possibility to work abroad if you are up for it.
About the company
We are dedicated to achieving health through food. And not only that; we want our mission to benefit people of every age, in every social and cultural environment and in every part of the world – as many people as possible.
The Internal Control team is part of Business Services Finance. Business Services Finance provides business services for transactional finance and financial compliance activities to all business units in the Benelux. The primary location of the Internal Control team is in the Netherlands (Zoetermeer) with some positions in Belgium (Brussels).
In this role, your assignment will focus on our Specialized Nutrition factories (located in Zoetermeer and Cuijk) and functions within the Business Services for Benelux where you will bring their internal control environment and quality to the next level. This is a great opportunity to get to know the Operations dynamics in our brand-new state of the art factory. While the work is largely based in Zoetermeer, the role requires a minimum of 1-2 days travel to Cuijk depending on business support needs. You will be part of a diverse team in Zoetermeer of 10 people with different expertise and backgrounds.
Your mission is to support different Benelux business units to bring their internal control environment and quality to the next level. In more detail, this means the following
- You are responsible for risk & internal control activities for several Business Units. Each Business Unit has its own characteristics and is located at different locations throughout the Benelux;
- You act as the Internal Control expert and business partner towards local Management, Business Process Owners (BPOs) and other key stakeholders; and maintains a strong relationship with them;
- You have a vision on how to implement a strong risk & control system within each business unit; and are responsible for the implementation;
- You translate the Global Internal Control framework to local practices;
- You perform and/or review process & controls testing to identify the potential risks, control weaknesses or opportunities for improvement; and report issues and their risk to Management;
- You contribute to defining action plans, proactively initiate recommendations, and manage projects to drive improvements in business processes & controls;
- You bring innovative ideas and techniques to improve the efficiency and digital transformation capabilities of the Internal Control function.
- You manage & coach junior team member(s) to support their development and encourage team collaboration;
- You co-develop, plan and execute the Internal Control functions annual delivery agenda;
Needed for success
- Relevant Academic background in Finance or IT (Post-doc in Accountancy or ACCA/CPA equivalent, IT Auditing, or Operational Auditing);
- Minimum 7 years working experience in an Auditing/Internal Control role;
- A strong risk, business process, & internal control knowledge that can be demonstrated based on your experience and achievements;
- Fluent in English – oral and written; Dutch is considered as a plus;
- Knowledge of SAP will be considered as a plus.
As a person you:
- have a high degree of innovative and lateral thinking;
- feel comfortable challenging the status quo in order to bring your work to a higher level;
- have strong communication skills and can influence, challenge and engage the different stakeholders to create a strong internal control environment;
- have the capability to see the bigger picture, while remaining aware of the details, and anticipating the impact of changes and events;
- have strong analytical skills and can analyze figures and other information in spreadsheets to make meaning and draw conclusions;
- have an affinity for IT processes and ERP systems (e.g. SAP) and are eager to learn more about this field;
- have excellent interpersonal skills and can deal with different people, backgrounds and cultures.
What’s in it for you?
We offer a complete package of benefits, with a competitive primary salary and yearly bonus, but also benefits like a premium free pension, 30 days annual leave and several discounts on a collective health insurance and even on some of our products.
But more importantly – many opportunities for next steps in Finance in the Benelux or global.